- Follow Just another Day on the Farm on WordPress.com
- is there anything neater then standing in the middle of the flock listening to them eat.. fb.me/6IxMbRvAo 5 hours ago
Top Posts & Pages
- What do you use clover for?
- Homemade Saskatoon Pie
- Kohlrabi Recipes
- Lamb Liver Pate Recipe
- Goat Stuffed Grape Leaves in a Red Pepper Sauce with Greek yogurt..
- Improving Pasture a old fashion way.
- Rabbit Side Bacon or Jerky Recipe
- Homemade Soap Report.. Spring 2013
- Making Homemade Grape Juice
Are you a Ant?
Tag Archives: Chickens
My older flock is really getting up there with age on some of the hens, I love them and I hope to get another year or two out of them yet, but my youngest hen is three coming four and … Continue reading
If you have had chickens or fowl of some kind, it happens to the best of us.. we teach them to come when called, we train them to go into the coop at night, we round them up and chase … Continue reading
So last year, I brought a high quality faverolles rooster at the spring bird sale, I paid a pretty penny for him and I named him Wash, he is a very good rooster, he is great with us, he is … Continue reading
Well so far momma hen has hatched less then 50% of her clutch, the four are doing great, Momma is still sitting on her eggs and she has now hatched a single chick for three days in a row.. and she shows … Continue reading
Makes me glad all over that I removed all the non-stick pans in the house, but I will now have to start double checking when we buy our light bulbs for the little barn, so glad I use the in … Continue reading
Farmgal’s advice on “broody hens” Well, I have heard it a couple times in the last little while, either I want a broody hen or my hen went broody and I heard that is rare now a days, that broodyness … Continue reading
Wow, its been a crazy busy week, filled to the brim with great things but by the time I get done, I am crashing into bed and sleeping the dead LOL While this is offically a Food Storage Friday, its … Continue reading