- Follow Just another Day on the Farm on WordPress.com
- Major yard clean up today, winter put away happened, and this afternoon we are going to start what I hope to be... fb.me/3uKBNfEyQ 13 hours ago
Top Posts & Pages
- Black Friday Sales- Farmgal Style
- Rabbit Liver Pate Recipe
- Carrot Pudding for Christmas
- Salt Cured Leg of Lamb
- Making Paper out of Cow Manure
- They say do not count your chicks before they hatch but!
- Bacon Wrapped Pan Seared Duck Breast Medallions
- Preparing Tripe for use...
- Rabbit Side Bacon or Jerky Recipe
- Coconut Salt Bar Soap with recipe
Are you a Ant?
Category Archives: Canning
We have had a few pickings so far this year, will get to weights later once math is done and the white and black in. They are good size this year but the bushes are in need of pruning and … Continue reading
This is a very easy and basic recipe.. 3 cups white vinager 3 cups of water 2 tsp of pickling spice in a tea ball or spice bag 2 tsp of pickling salt Tip and tail your garlic scapes, wash … Continue reading
These are made with a standard Medium Syrup, scapes are a low acid food, they must be preserved with salt, acid (vinager) or sugar, or you could ruin them texture wise with pressure canning :P I highly recommend keeping that … Continue reading
Fresh Strawberries, so yummy, but its also time to preserve some of that bounty for later use, Strawberries in syrup is a perfect way to do so.. its as easy as strawberries, sugar and heat :) If you add in … Continue reading
As a lovely side dish it just does not get any more pretty and tasty.. but its also a amazing way to introduce the wonderful slightly bitter free growing green the Dandelion to those that are unsure.. Corn, Bacon and … Continue reading
Canning Log 2015 8 pints Elderberry Syrup 2 pints Red Current Jelly 2 pints Red Gooseberry Jelly 2 Pints Green Gooseberry Jelly 2 Pints Rasberry-Ground Cherry Jam 18 Pints Beef 18 Pints Beef 18 Pints Beef 9 Quarts Beef-tomato mix … Continue reading
Well, the plans for this coming year of 2015 in regards to tomato are pretty simple.. Four Cherry tomato plants for fresh eating Two tomato plants for fresh slicing or tomato sandwichs The big Patch will be oxheart paste tomatos, … Continue reading
A bushel of apples was u-picked at my very close apple orchard, its mear minutes from the farm, there are two within ten min but this one is the closest and has many more kinds, 21 in total, plus plums, … Continue reading