Well, I have intended to start the month of recipes out with a wonderful dish of stuff heart but it will have to wait till tomorrow, as today we are making Lamb Liver Pate.
- 1 pds of fresh lamb liver
- half a large onion diced
- One large portabella mushroom or four regular button mushrooms, diced
- 2 garlic cloves -Peeled and Diced
- 2 slices of thick cut smoked bacon (homemade in my case)
- Bacon Lard/olive oil
- Crown Royal Whiskey
- Herbs-including salt, pepper, dried red pepper, basil
Do up your liver and onions, mushrooms, garlic, and bacon with a bit of bacon lard in a steel or cast iron frying pan, cook the onions and garlic till soft but not browned, then add the rest and cook till liver is cooked though but still soft and moist. Put into your blender, deglaze your pan with a good splash of your Crown Royal, and pour that into your blender, turn on low and if to thick, drizzle in just a touch of your best olive oil, can be blender till course, fine or almost mouse like. Take out and put into a low long dish so that it will cool off evenly and cover or it will form a skin.
Can be served anyway you like to serve pate, I personally love it on rye toast