- Broken metatarsal bone on my little toe.. wp.me/p1b0Qt-2Rm 18 hours ago
- Would you like some Local Garlic at a great price! wp.me/p1b0Qt-2Ri 6 days ago
- Broke the tip of my ring finger..@Nasty wp.me/p1b0Qt-2Rf 1 week ago
- Hello Friends, I have a chance to get a awesome deal on fresh locally grown garlic, at 8 dollars a pound, (as... fb.me/7jP4ZoIPa 1 week ago
- Jason's first offical horseback riding Lession wp.me/p2PvFH-ar via @wordpressdotcom 1 week ago
Top Posts & Pages
- Homemade Saskatoon Pie
- Rabbit Side Bacon or Jerky Recipe
- What do you use clover for?
- Broken metatarsal bone on my little toe..
- Would you like some Local Garlic at a great price!
- Making Paper out of Cow Manure
- Who am I?
- Lamb Liver Pate Recipe
- Goat Stuffed Grape Leaves in a Red Pepper Sauce with Greek yogurt..
- Canning Log 2014
Blogs I Follow
- When I Became an Author
- Stacy Westfall Horseblog
- Seasonal Harvest
- The Rhizome
- My Little Corner of Rhode Island
- A Second Time Around
- The Literary Horse
- Life on a Colorado Farm
- The Nomadic Village
- Oldschool's Notebook
- My Foray Into Food Storage
- Collingwood Farm
- Waiting to Expand
- Growing a Homestead
- The Garden Smallholder
- Crowing Crone
- In The Stillness.. Laurie's Gentle Healing Notes
- Crowing Crone Woman of Wisdom
Are you a Ant?
- 100 mile food challange animals Burdock Canning Cats Charcuterie Chickens Chores compost crafts Dogs Draft horse drying food Ducks Family Family Milk Cow Farm Fresh Eggs Farm Life Food Forest Food Production and Recipes freezer camp Frugal Fruit Trees Garden gardens geese Goals Greens Health Herbs Hobbies homemade soap Homesteader Books Horse Training Hugelbeet hugelculture In memory Knitting Lamb Recipes lambs large black piglets large black pigs Lily lucet manure March Challange 2014 march pantry eat out of your house challange 2014 nature New rabbit kits outdoors Oxen personal care photography pigs plants Rabbits Raising Beef Calf recipes rhubarb sheep Sheep Milk sheep Milk Soap Soft Fruits Soups and Stews squash plants Stinging Nettles travel Trips turkeys vacation Veggies Weight Loss Wild Foods Wildlife Writing
Tag Archives: compost
Well, this very dry year has been eye openning to say that least, I have never had so little rain ever, we have our own tracking system and even when the area’s around us get rain, we are getting nothing, … Continue reading
Well, most of you know that I love to try a number of different things in the garden, and I have had alot of success with my no-till, dry land planting spacing and with my mulching.. Having said that, this … Continue reading
I was able to watch some of Back To Eden yesterday and I will certainly plan to watch the rest, I was about 40 min into it and I very much liked the idea of how he creates soil but once … Continue reading
While I have played around with growing Potato’s in towers, in strawbales and even in last years “sacrifice outside winter feeding area” the way we grow most of our potato’s is in our double dug 3 foot wide W planted beds. … Continue reading
Wow, its been a crazy busy week, filled to the brim with great things but by the time I get done, I am crashing into bed and sleeping the dead LOL While this is offically a Food Storage Friday, its … Continue reading
Ok so I picked up this nice big metal water trough for $2 dollars as it was rusted though, now it was fixable if you had a welder but that was not what I wanted if for.. So the glass … Continue reading
March Challange: Breakfast-Yogurt, canned mixed fruit, walnuts Lunch-Baked Beans on Bread Supper-Pasta with roasted Chicken leg in a pasta sauce mixed with yogurt and dried squash. Dessert- Hot Spiced Roasted Peanuts. Ok, so lets talk about Permaculture today, the idea … Continue reading
We are coming into our 5th year of frost seeding to improve our pastures, and we can’t speak highly enough of this process. A little background on our pastures, the call names are, Big Pasture, Little Pasture, Corner Pasture, and … Continue reading
Breakfast- Scrambled eggs with onion and cheese Lunch- Roast lamb, with pickles- noodles with butter/greens Supper-Yogurt, with strawberries and walnuts Other-Coffee, Water, Mint Tea, Popcorn, dried apple, dried dates, pickles http://notdabblinginnormal.wordpress.com/2012/03/06/conspicuous-sustainability/ I always enjoy reading Xan posts, I so often … Continue reading
Advice – it comes from friends, family, and from the stranger at the coffee shop, or at the garden shop where you are looking at plants, and among that free advice are some gems and some duds, the fun part is … Continue reading